How am I using Twitter for Business?
It is a funny thing in business especially in this industry. Everyone wants to know what the other person is doing to see if there is some magical formula for their success.
Today I am going to let you know how I am using Twitter For Business and how you can use this simple strategy yourself to generate major results.
But first what are my results?
Well it is simple. Every single day I am receiving emails, phone calls and messages from people asking me how they can get started in business.
Do I only use Twitter to get these results? No, however Twitter is playing a major part in driving the traffic to my sites and continues to increase all the time.
How do I use Twitter for business, well you can find out below:
1. Perry Belcher once said that you should make your social marketing strategy 80% fun and life and the other 20% business. I couldn’t agree more. Post jokes, frustrations and ask for help and thoughts.
2. Post your latest blog posts. Make your blog post headlines specific to your targeted audience so they actually want to click on your information.
3. Specifically target the people you want to attract to your twitter profile. If you are focused on health, only target people interested in health, if it is business do the same.
4. Retweet other peoples content, especially if it is valuable. Funny thing happens when you do this, your followers start to trust you more.
5. Use a program called “tweetadder”. I love this program…to help you build and manage your list.
6. Treat it like a community. Get involved and enjoy the process of meeting new people.
7. Most importantly people want to be heard and treated nicely. Ask yourself, how am I treating the people following me, am I being their friend and being interested in their lives.
What’s the “Plus 1” – be regular and bring value. Too many people are not bringing any value to what they are doing on twitter. They are not seen as someone who is prepared to help or prepared to serve. They make life boring and selfish. Don’t be this person. Be the person who lights up the room and brings energy to any situation.
I speak a little more in the video below. Make sure you check it out.
Of course there is always more than what anyone can say in one very short post. However if you take just one thing away from here today on how to use twitter for business, make it this “people want to be treated like a friend”. When you are interested in others you bring value to their lives. Do that and you will see the difference in your business results.
Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jameshannan
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/askjameshannan
Would you like to work with me: Work with James Hannan