If you don’t plan your future someone else will plan it for you.

I once heard it said that if you are not planning a future for yourself, someone is going to plan it for you.

You get to make the choice, will you continually work for someone else who makes the time to write down their goals and plans to accomplish those goals, or will you make the time to write down your goals and go after them like they mean something to you.

There was a study conducted on Harvard MBAs to ascertain results and the reasons for their results.

What they found was staggering in its simplicity and its results.

They found that 3% of Harvard MBAs make team times, that’s 10 TIMES as much as the other 97% COMBINED!!!

So, Why Do 3% of Harvard MBAs Make Ten Times as Much as the Other 97% Combined ?The answer is a simple question: “Have you set clear, written goals for your future and made plans to accomplish them?” In 1979, interviewers asked new graduates from the Harvard’s MBA Program and found that :

  • 84% had no specific goals at all
  • 13% had goals but they were not committed to paper
  • 3% had clear, written goals and plans to accomplish them

In 1989, the interviewers again interviewed the graduates of that class.  You can guess the results:

  • The 13% of the class who had goals were earning, on average, twice as much as the 84 percent who had no goals at all.
  • Even more staggering – the three percent who had clear, written goals were earning, on average, ten times as much as the other 97 percent put together.

(Source:  from the book What They Don’t Teach You in the Harvard Business School, by Mark McCormack)

Even though many people and even you may have heard this before, most people won’t action what they have learnt. They will say “oh that’s the reason” but then still do nothing about it.

So I would like to give you a challenge and I truly hope you take up this challenge with me.

It is a simple challenge, but a challenge that most will find almost impossible to complete…

Will you plan your future today?

Now obviously it is almost impossible to plan your future in just a single hour or even a single day, but at least you can put some time aside to write your goals and then what you are going to do to accomplish those goals.

Some of you may think “But I don’t know what I want”, that’s ok, grab a cup of tea and sit down without any other distractions and dream a little.

Take a piece of paper and write down the things you want. Start with your health, your marriage, your life with God, your family, your business.

Look at your life and pray this simple prayer: “Lord, show me what you would do with me and my life. Show me how to bring Glory to Your Name and what I need to do. Help me to honour You. I know living a life of lack, is not your purpose for me. Help me to dream, to believe and to have the courage to do what I must and not be concerned about the thoughts of others. Help me to continue to love my neighbour and to be a blessing to others.”

Then start to write down what you want and what He brings to your mind and heart.

He will use it for His glory.

For me personally, there is nothing more important in my life than having Him working in it. I have come to know and understand what He means by “sweat less victory” and how much easier life and business is when I am doing what He wants and not what I want. I have also seen how difficult it is without Him.

So can I pray for you?

I am going to pray His goodness and mercies upon you and your future.

It is OK to make mistakes, just learn from them, don’t let them rule your life. The past is the past, now is the time to look to the future and believe that His future for you is GRAND!!!

Leave the past behind you, meditate on the future that He has for you and it is GOOD!!!

Did this help you, I sure hope so, if it didn’t, well let’s make sure we fix that next time and give you even better information. I will need your comments though, they help me to know what you are looking for! Feel free to share this and like it…

May God bless you abundantly, remember He is the ONLY answer, allow Him to work in you and through you to build your work from home business!

James Hannan

 

 

 

 

 

James Hannan James Hannan Home Business Blog

Skype: hitmanhannan

Email: James@AskJamesHannan.com

“We develop leaders in the market place so that none perish”

PS: Do you want some guidance on getting started in business from home the correct way? Would you like to know the hidden secrets and dangers that no one wants to tell you that you need to know? Then check out this powerful program I put together for you: The Freedom Manual – Unlocking what is hidden…


Commented yet? Go on..you know you want to :)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.